ConnexOntario provides free and confidential health services information for people experiencing alcohol, drugs, mental illness or gambling problems. We are here to support Ontarians via phone, web-chat and email 24/7, by connecting them with suitable services in their area. Our knowledgeable and experienced staff offer supportive listening to help people discover the resources they need from our comprehensive database. Whether they are searching for themselves or a loved one, ConnexOntario is here to provide them with the right information at the right time.
To join our winning team, we are looking for a:
System Navigation and Information Specialist
(Relief/casual position for our Call Centre)
Essential duties & responsibilities:
Reporting to the Manager of System Navigation and Information Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Provide information and referral, crisis support and brief intervention for those contacting.
- Provide prompt, accurate, empathetic verbal, email and web-chat responses to requests for information about the availability of services from individuals experiencing problems related to substance abuse, problem gambling and mental health, their family members and friends, as well as health and social service professionals.
- Providing brief supportive listening, crisis de-escalation and crisis responses as needed.
Requirements and specifications:
- Must be able to work varied hours, but especially on holidays, weekends and overnight shifts.
- Availability for weekday training is an asset.
- University Degree or College Diploma in the health and/or social sciences field.
- Experience in mental health and/or addiction systems is preferred.
- Proficient in verbal and written communication.
- Ability to communicate effectively with dignity and respect.
- Experience in telephone risk management, lethality assessment and crisis intervention would be an asset.
- Information and Referral Specialist certification is preferred.
- Call Centre experience is an asset
- Bilingual in English and French or any other language would be an asset.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to become part of a vision that continuously raises the bar for empathy and customer service. We truly believe that we have the opportunity to make a positive impact on individuals’ lives and our community.
If you believe that you can be part of this, please send your Resume and Cover Letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
ConnexOntario Health Services Information is an employment equity employer that embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Codes, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and our organization’s policy, accommodations will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process. If you require accommodation, please let us know in your cover letter.
We thank you for your interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
A satisfactory Police Criminal Records Check/Vulnerable Sector Check will be required before hiring.